Thursday, October 12, 2006

Packing my bags.............

I was chosen to attend a S-A-N-E conference along with one other co-worker. I wasn't sure really what that meant. What it means is: we leave this Sunday for Collinsville, Illinois (right by East St. Louis) and stay until the following Friday. During that week, we'll get trained to beome Sexual Assualt Nurse Educators. Meaning we'll take care of all the rape victims and complete the entire investigation without a Dr.'s supervision. I feel VERY honored to have been chosen, but at the same time a bit nervous. That is A LOT of responsibility and liability. We will go to court to testify the investigations we witness. I hope in some small way I can make a difference in these people's lives. That'll make this whole thing 100% worth it.

1 comment:

The Grinstead Family said...

YOU'LL BE AWESOME WITH THIS ADDED RESPONSIBILITY!! GOOD LUCK!