Saturday, November 22, 2008

Where have we been?!?!?

Where have we been????? Enjoying life, that is where we've been. I look at my growing baby & it's flying by me, I have to tell myself time & time again "the laundry, dusting, vacuming can all wait, him growing WILL NOT." I'm trying to enjoy every moment & not stress the little stuff. For those of you who know me well, this is a challenge. In my last post with the stressful week of dealing with work more than I'd like to, I realized just how lucky I am to not have to work full time. Drew & I have been enjoying playdates, lunch with friends, & x-mas shopping. He can handle about 1 store & he's done! Which takes me to a funny story. I take Drew to Kohl's to use my 30% off coupon. I can't tell you everything I bought because they are gifts, but it was a LOT!! I have the stroller which Drew is in & 4 large bags to manage. I'm not coordinated on a good day, so thankfully one of the employees was gracious enough to help me out to the car. Drew was doing so well, & of course I had to push my luck, so we went to Target. I got a full cart of stuff in a short amount of time, Drew had had enough & went to pay & no wallet?!!?!? Drew is out of the cart at this point, I'm holding him, running out to the car to get my wallet, & I'm EMBARASSED!! The cashier was a mom of two & let me know "oh this kind of stuff happens to me all the time." Made me feel so much better. I know these ARE the good ole days that I will miss when they are gone.

Last weekend we had a quiet weekend with just Michael, Drew, & I. It was so nice. We went out to dinner, did some x-mas shopping, & just relaxed. It was Michael's last weekend off for a long time & we enjoyed every minute of it.

Tuesday we got home from Cassie's & I was feeding Drew his baby food & I thought I saw "white spot" sure enough it was the top of his 1st tooth!! It is on the left bottom. It seems to intermittently bother him, but overall he's been a trooper & has been a happy boy. He started enjoying some puff cookies & snacks which he can't get enough of.

The rest of our week included a playdate with Tricia & Grady, Jessica, Kaylin, & Chad. We had game night with our neighbors. We are so lucky to live in this neighborhood & Drew is going to have so many playmates. We'll be hosting game night at our house in February.

Next week plans are to get the X-mas decorations up, I'm so excited this year!! Wednesday night some of my besties from High School are coming over for some whining & dining. I can't wait to see them:) Thursday (turkey day) I'll work in the morning & then we have lunch at the Fischer's & then my mom is having both sides of the family over (50+ people!!) I think all of her & my dad's siblings will be there, that never happens. We have so much to be thankful for, let me list a few in a nutshell, the list is endless:

*Our Healthy Baby Boy Drew

*Each other

*Our wonderful parents, grandparents, siblings, neices, nephews, cousins, aunts, uncles, great aunts, uncles, distant cousins

*Friends both old & new

*Our beautiful home

*Our Health (including mental health)

*Our jobs

*Drew sleeping better, nursing better, eating so well

*Our cars

*Our safe neighborhood & wonderful neighbors we're getting to know

Next Friday, Black Friday Maggie, Mandy, & I are shopping. It's become a tradition & I'm very excited for that as well. Maggie & the kids will be here for the weekend, it's been TOO long since we've seen them. Friday night we'll celebrate Rick's birthday at our house (it's really today) with pizza & a surprise gift. Lots to look forward to! I'll post pictures later, at work now............

1 comment:

The Grinstead Family said...

Where did you get the idea for a new layout??? THIEF!