Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Good times!!

Last Thursday Alyshia & Dave came to stay for a couple days before Alyshia starts her new job. We had a GREAT TIME!! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time & it felt good to be with a lifelong friend. Wednesday afternoon Dave & Michael managed to sneak in 9 holes of golf, then we grilled out. Jessica & Kaylin joined us. Thursday the boys headed back to the golf course & Tricia & Grady came to hang out with Alyshia & I. It was so fun to go all the way back to middle school memories!! It's hard to believe we are this grown up, those days feel like yesterday. That night we went to my grandparents. Danny Faber was in town, so it was good to see him too. We got a good game of Click Cluck going & it was pretty funny. Saturday morning Michael & I took Drew to the Mel Foster Pumpkin Patch. We had to show our realtors Dave & Marty our little Pumpkin. He slept while we were there, but it was a nice fall morning & it was fun to pick out his pumpkins. Saturday we got ready for the big IA game. Eric & Stacy came over to watch the game too. We had munchies & Happy Joes pizza. After the game it was time to say our goodbyes.








Saturday evening we went to Rick & Terri's for dinner. Maggie & the kids were in town for Ben's soccer game on Sunday. We had a nice visit & it was good to catch up.








Sunday we went back over for a yummy brunch & all went to watch Ben play soccer. We even got to see Rachel & Jolene Henning. I used to babysit Rachel when I was in High School & now she is in High School & driving, boy did that make me feel old!! By Sunday afternoon we were pooped & came home & vegged out!! It was a busy, but WONDERFUL few days!!




Monday, Drew & I met Mandy & the kids for lunch & some shopping. All 3 kids did really well!! Time flew as it always does & then we headed home to get things ready for Tuesday.

Tuesday, my day to work. Drew did good at Cassie's again & she reported he was talking so loud she thought he was going to wake the napping kids upstairs!! That is his new thing, he's really began to recognize his own voice & he jabbers away. Michael was able to pick Drew up, which worked out well because it was a nut house in the ER & I couldn't get out of there!!!! Here is a picture of Michael reading a book to Drew. He seems to really sit & listen & enjoy having books read to him. Also a bath picture. We had to pack away the baby tub, he was TOO big & would try to jump out. The new teddy bear sponge is working out great. He loves to kick & splash his feet.




Wednesday, Drew & I stayed home & it felt good. I didn't feel the best & even took a morning nap with him. We turned on the fire place & had a great siesta. I was even going to let Drew sleep by me, but he wanted no part of that. He likes his OWN space. I suppose that is a good thing. Just recently he's really into the jumperoo & exersaucer (thanks Aunt Mandy). Isn't this picture of him smiling the cutest picture EVER!!






Thursday, we're at home & it's cleaning day. Drew is napping & instead of cleaning here I sit updating the blog, suppose I better get busy.

No comments: