Thursday, October 29, 2009
Cats & Kittens
So today was Drew's 1st class at "Music for Toddlers." The theme was "Cats & Kittens." I knew this wasn't a good sign. As most of you know cats are my LEAST favorite animal, but I tried to take it in stride. Drew had a rough night, rough morning, so I wondered if it'd be a rough class. As luck would have it, it was. My child was "that child." We had COUNTLESS fits & SCREAMING!! Luckily I don't get embarassed that easy. He was happy as can be UNTIL the music stopped & then came the loud scream, head thrashing, & acting like a crazy man. On a positive note, he did interact with the kids & played well with them, he participated in between fits, & danced away while the music was on. He is the youngest in his class & I kept that in mind. Many parents told me that their child took weeks to warm up & that he was fine. The other kids weren't perfect either, but I could have done without the BLOOD CURDLING screaming from my child. Next week will be better & I'm excited we joined this. The kids played with bouncy balls, read, danced, played instruments, sang songs, danced, & threw leaves.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment