I worked Christmas Day & got to be a part of a mother named Mary delivering her 27 week twins in the Emergency Room!! It was REALLY intense & I can typically keep composure, but this hit me hard. I think hormones, past family experience, knowing it could happen to me were all things going through my head & I CRIED right at work. One of the nurse practicioners hugged me & that only made me cry more. None of us thought those babies were going to make it, but they did. The 1st one, a little boy was born at noon & his sister came at 12:20 pm. The ER (especially at the WEST campus) is NOT your ideal place to deliver, especially PREMATURE, but we got the NICU team there in time & got the babies off safely to IA City. We got the update that they both are doing well & are to be coming to our NICU very soon. It was quite the Christmas Miracle!!
After work (I was EXHAUSTED) we headed for Grandpa & Grandma Sparks' house. We had a WONDERFUL meal, opened presents, played games, & ALL talked at once (just ask Michael!!) Emma got her Baby Alive & was QUITE EXCITED!!

All the grand-daughters.

All the grandkids
No comments:
Post a Comment